What is this Summer Scool about?
The next year’s Graz International Summer School Seggau 2019 is titled “Radical (Dis)Engagement: State-Society-Religion.” The Curriculum might be useful for curricula committees in order to pre-approve the program for direct credit transfer, or perhaps for students to identify funding possibilities at their institution or otherwise.
Here some aspects, which might help in these efforts:
• GUSEGG adds opportunities for students to experience an international academic learning environment in just two weeks.
• This program offers an intercultural space and provides both academic as well as professional development opportunities.
• The added value is that it is an academic immersive experience.
• Credits can be earned that go towards a degree.
• The program is meant for students of all levels and various disciplines.
Additional Opportunities for Graduate Students
For graduate and PhD students at the summer school, we established a book publication to offer such students in terms of early academic career a more visible “outcome”: Off Campus: Seggau School of Thought (University of Graz Press).
During the summer school, students are also invited to present their research at a poster presentation session.
The most important information
1. Course Syllabi: Possibility for pre-approval through curricula committees and/or establishing a short-term faculty-led program.
2. Budget: € 1.500/ student (covering all costs for accommodation and meals, tuition, and extras), CEEPUS students pay only € 120.
3. Program Date: June 30-July 13, 2019
4. The GUSEGG website: https://international.uni-graz.at/en/stud/int-focus/summerschools/gusegg-summerschool/